- Who’s Cristiana Falcone?
- Cristiana Falcone-Sorrell has over 20 years of experience developing and implementing digital transformation, partnership and business development strategies working directly with the Leadership at global corporations (SONY, Shell, Revlon), international governmental organizations (ILO, IFAD, FAO, UNDCCP, IADB) and the media (Radio Televisione Italiana, Gruppo Espresso, Univision, Viacom). Cristiana spent a decade advising the founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum and was appointed to the boards of TIM, SVF3, Revlon and Viacom. Alongside her credentials in media and innovation, Cristiana is known to be committed to exploring financially viable paths to sustainability across all industries, not least through her work as a non-executive director at the Global Fashion Agenda. Since 2006, Cristiana has been CEO and trustee of the JMCMRJ Sorrell Foundation and has been responsible for the distribution of very substantial amounts to a range of causes supporting the achievement of the UNSDGs goals. Cristiana is a trustee at Tufts University, the Paley Center for Media; Internews, the Summit Institute and Fondazione Guido Carli. She is a visiting lecturer in Scenario Planning and in Macro trends and strategy at LUISS. She is an investor in tech female founders.
- About the 6G Internet Connection.
Not even the time to effectively implement 5G technology and we are already projected towards the next step: the 6G Internet Connection.
The first tests, carried out by the hi-tech giant LG Electronics, were successful, so the 6G connection is already a reality.
But what we know about it? And when will the new technology be implemented and what changes with 5G?
- What is 6G Internet Connection?
The 6G Internet Connection is the sixth generation of technologies and devices for mobile connection.
The 6G network today is at the dawn of its evolution and its technical standards have not yet been achieved.
It will use very high frequency waves and will guarantee a transmission power, it is estimated, 100 times higher than that of 5G.
- LG’s first tests
LG Electronics has successfully completed the first trials by completing the transmission and reception of wireless data using 6G technology.
The waves were transmitted outdoors at a frequency in terahertz and over a distance of 100 meters. This is the first event of its kind in the history of mobile connection.
- When will 6G Internet Connection arrive?
However, we are very far from the full implementation of this protocol.
In China, the first projects for the construction of 6G transmitters have been started, with the aim of implementing them by 2025.
LG’s path instead foresees the completion of the first transmission lines by 2028 in order to start the marketing of the first 6G devices from 2030.
- Where are today
At the moment, as Cristiana Falcone wrote on her blog, the developers are grappling with line stability problems: ultra-broadband is not yet able to maintain a stable signal.
LG is working on the creation of a signal amplifier capable of withstanding transmission over long distances.
The goal is to be able to transmit a stable signal up to 15dBm in the frequency range between 155 and 175 GHz.
- Differences between 6G and 5G
Compared to 5G, the 6G Internet Connection will have extremely lower latency (below one microsecond).
This will give a decisive boost to different types of online devices, finding wide application especially in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT).
With 6G Internet Connection, in practice, the gap between the digital world and the real world will be decisively narrowed.
The 6G will be also the key to the Internet of Everything, the emerging technology that aims to improve living and working environments by making them more sensitive, adaptive, autonomous and customized to the needs of workers and people, able to recognize the presence and human preferences.